Is a Pediatric Dentist Necessary for Your Kid?
Dental care is an essential part of the overall body health. Like with the comprehensive general body care, children should be subjected to dental care at a very young age. This is even before they develop their fists milk teeth. Developing good oral hygiene from a young age is a sure way to ensure a white and brighter smile later in life. Our mission at M&G Family Dentistry is to provide professional child-focused dental attention for young patients and adults who want to have the most pleasant experience.
Who is a Pediatric Dentist?
A pediatric dentist is trained to provide dental care to children, infants, and teens. Infants and children go through many life-changing processes in their dental health before they attain age 18. For this reason, they need dedicated parents to cater to their dental health. Note that pediatric dentists are different from general dentists. They receive special training on top of the regular dental training other dentists undergo. They know how to deal with various problems children have and use dental tools specialized for children. Every child deserves professional pediatric treatment in Katy, TX.
What Do Pediatric Dentists Do?
Pediatric dentists are trained to conduct oral exams. It includes risk assessment for decay and dental caries both for the baby and mother. They also providepreventative measuresto clear any decay or cavities on the way. It can be fluoride treatments, education,or advice on proper dieting and nutrition. They also treat various orthodontic issues like tooth misalignment, improper bites, and crooked teeth. Pediatric dental treatment near Katy, TX, detects some oral problems tied to severe conditions like asthma, diabetes, hay fever, and heart complications early enough. Your child gets treatment and care for dental injuries like damaged soft tissues and broken teeth. In addition to treatments, they provide habit counseling like thumb sucking, bottle sucking, and using pacifiers. Better still, you will be advised on how to prevent, manage and treat periodontal and gum diseases
Why Should You Choose a Pediatric Dentist?
While some parents fend off pediatric dentistry for their kids, child dentists are as important as family dentists. Here is why:
- Pediatric dentists are specially trained. They have two to three years of training on how to handle various child problems. They can handle children of all ages, from infants to adolescents. Now, this is not something general dentists have training on.
- Pediatric dental offices look more like amusement centers and children’splaygrounds. It means space is decorated with colorful murals and wall paintings. They also have toys and child games that entertain children, eliminating any dental anxieties they have.
- Regardless of their personality, whether super moody or super chatty, pediatric dental treatment in Katy, TX, will suit your kid. Every character that walks through their doors is well studied and expected.
- Are you worried about certain behaviors your kids have, like thumb sucking or imminent pacifier use, and they are unable to stop? Your pediatric dentist will show you how to tame them for better oral health.
- Milk teeth are not like permanent teeth. They are tinier and more vulnerable to cavities and effects of decay than adult teeth. Pediatric dentists have the expertise to treat them without creating discomfort gently. How dentists handle cavities on adult teeth is not the way to handle kid’s teeth.
- Pediatricians use the right size of dental tools for the small kid’s jaws. Dental devices for children are also less scary, less noisy, and made to suit children’s sensitive teeth and gums. Your child will always look forward to the next dental appointment.
- During a pediatric dental treatment near you, the child dentist explains to the kids about every dental tool they use. This way, the dental appointments are always fun and educational.
- Pediatric dentists are also trained to handle kids with special needs, unlike general dentists.
- At the end of each visit, our pediatric dental team gives away presents kids will love. They also get candy and other kid-friendly gifts.
Home Oral Care for Your Child
Although children cannot take care of their oral health, they are not exempted from oral care. You, as the parent, need to help them with that. This involves teaching them good oral habits and dental hygiene as they grow. Show them how to brush and floss their teeth. Set a schedule which they will follow. You can also gift your child a small token every time s/he brushes his/her teeth properly.